The CA intermediate is the second level of the CA course. The students can register for this level only after clearing the first level that is the foundation level. CA Intermediate registration is only possible twice a year in the month of February and August. The students need an 8-month study period gap after registration to appear for CA Intermediate exams being held in the month of May and November. The Intermediate level was earlier known as IPCC.
Know the ICAI CA Intermediate registration eligibility, step by step process registration, last date of registration, and registration fees for May 2020 from this article.
CA Inter Registration Last Date for May 2020 Attempt – 31st August 2019.
CA Foundation, Intermediate, Final May 2019 results are usually out in the month of July. Students who clear the foundation level can register for CA intermediate in the month of August 2020 for May 2020. The student who wants to join the CA course under the direct entry route students can directly apply for ICAI CA Inter registration in the month of August. In both the route students have to register by filling the registration form available on the ICAI website.
CA Intermediate Registration Eligibility
Eligibility under Foundation Route
- The student who cleared the foundation level with 50% aggregate marks
- The student who cleared old CPT (now Foundation) exams with 50 % aggregate marks
- The student who must have appeared for old IPCC exams, but still could not clear in November 2019 attempt need to make fresh registration in the month of August 2020.
Eligibility under Direct Entry Route
- Any student who has cleared Graduate or postgraduate course by scoring 55% in case of commerce stream and 60 % for another stream,
- Any student who has cleared Intermediate level examination level of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Any student who has appeared for final exams of graduation can also apply under the provisional scheme
Documents Required for CA Inter Registration for May 2020
Foundation Route Students
The new online Self Service Portal by ICAI has made everything easy. If you have already submitted your 12th std mark sheet, colored photograph, and signatures at the time of Foundation registration, then you have to submit no more documents on CA Intermediate Course Registration.
When you submit all the above documents you generate unique login id and password. When you log in with that login id and password your dashboard will auto-generate your details and your foundation mark sheet and you can just proceed to fill the registration form.
Direct Entry Route students
- Attested copy of Graduation/ Post Graduation mark statements.
- Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of
India or the Institute of Cost Accountants of India Attested mark sheet.
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful CA Inter 2019 registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if the student is a foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate,i.e, SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled
Step by Step ICAI CA Intermediate 2019 Registration Process
Link: Self Service Portal/SSP or e-service
Step 1: Click on Self Service portal Link Available on the Website
- On clicking a self-service portal link a window will appear asking for user id and password
- On clicking e-service, a window will appear listing down the form available.
Step 2: Click on CA Intermediate Registration Form
- A box will appear asking for your user id and password
- The new student who is registering for the first time should click on the first link available on the end of the box.
- The existing students who have already registered for the CA foundation should click on the second link to generate a password and login-id.
- The same is to be followed in Self-service portal
- The new student who is registering for the first time should click on the first link available on the box.
- The existing students who have already registered for the CA foundation should click on the second link to generate a password and id.
Step 3: Fill Your Personal Details
- After submitting basic details with phone numbers and Email id OTP is generated
- After submission of OTP and verification of detail, your profile is created with the student registration number/SRN
- The existing students are directed to another window asking for their registration details or SRN Number.
The OTP is sent to the registered email id or phone number which need to be submitted again to verify the details.
Step 4: Generate New ID and Password
- The existing students will log in using the generated username and password
Step 5: Fill Pending Details and Make Payment of Fees
- Now the students need to fill some other required details like father’s name, mother’s name, address, etc.
- After this students need to make payment of CA Intermediate registration fees.
- After completion of the process, a PDF file as registration letter is generated on your screen containing your CA Intermediate registration number, photograph, a signature if uploaded online. This is where your process complete.
- In case photograph and signature are not uploaded attach the photograph and duly signed the registration letter and get it attested from the regional office by sending it through postal services.
The registration letter is received by the student within a month and the process is assumed to be complete.
CA Intermediate May 2020 Registration Fees
The registration fee is Rs 15000 for students appearing in both groups and Rs 11000 for students appearing in a single group.
The Direct Entry student needs to pay the registration fee for CA Intermediate for both groups along with the Articleship fee which is Rs 2000 and ICITSS fees which are around 13500.
How to Check the CA Inter Course Registration Status
If students have sent their registration letter to ICAI regional office for attestation and have not received it within a month, then they can check their status on the ICAI website. You need to login into your account and the status will be displayed on your dashboard.
For any further inquiries you can contact
Phone Number: 18001211330
Timings: 10 AM to 5:30 PM Monday to Friday
Phone Number: 0120-4522000
We conclude in the end that the CA Intermediate registration process is becoming quite easy with a digital portal like SSP. If the student is attentive while filling details and keep all the necessary documents saved in pdf format, then the whole process is just completed in few clicks.
After registration students can then study for their intermediate exams in 8 month study period. Students need to again register for the exam whenever application form will be made available on their dashboard to get the admit card for entering the examination hall.
We wish you all the best for the future.